A pleasing appearance has always been a vital component of self-confidence. Crooked and overlapping teeth – even if they are free from cavities – are immediately noticeable as soon as you open your mouth or smile at people.
Properly aligned teeth help you to have a correct bite. Not only do they contribute to healthy teeth and gums, but properly aligned teeth and jaws may improve your general attitude to life.
It also collects less plaque, are easier to clean ( with no overlapping, difficult-to-reach spots in your mouth), contribute to smaller risk for fracture, prevent abnormal wear of teeth surfaces, help you chew better and get rid of misalignment in the jaw joints, that sometimes leads to chronic headaches or pain
Right Age for Orthodontic Treatment:
The right age is as young as 6 years! At this age, persistent habits such as thumb sucking, mouth breathing and tongue thrusting has to be intercepted. When treated correctly, the dental problems arising from such habits such as open bite can be easily prevented. Subsequent monitoring at 7 years, 9 years and 11 years is required for every child to coincide with the eruption of permanent teeth. Developing problems in growth of jaws too; either too small or too big can be prevented by active intervention. During the growing phase till puberty, these developing growth discrepancies can be easily identiﬁed and corrected with simple appliances. Any skeletal problem after puberty can only be corrected by surgery. Braces also can be started as early as 10 years.
Signs for Early Orthodontic Examination
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Double row of teeth
- Difficulty in chewing or biting
- Thumb sucking or mouth breathing
- Crowding, misplaced or blocked out teeth
- Cheek biting
Problems that can be corrected with Braces
Traditional metal braces are still the most common type of braces requested by patients. Thankfully, they are more comfortable today than ever before. Made of high-grade stainless steel, metal braces straighten your teeth, using metal brackets and archwires. With metal braces, you have the option of adding colored elastics (rubber bands) for a more unique and colorful smile.
Ceramic braces utilize less noticeable brackets for patients concerned about aesthetic appearances. Ceramic brackets are translucent, so they blend in with your natural tooth color. This means that unlike traditional stainless steel braces, with ceramic braces your smile will not look ‘metallic.’ In addition, ceramic brackets are designed so that they won’t stain or discolor over long period.
CARE FOR YOUR BRACES:
Good habits to maintain your braces
- Use a soft bristle brush with a toothpaste containing fluoride
- Brush after every meal.
- If you cannot brush right away, rinse well with water.
- Most importantly, at least once everyday brush vigorously and floss until your teeth and braces are spotlessly cleaned. This should take no less than five minutes.
- To be extra careful, rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash after brushing.
- Concentrate on the Danger Zone! This is the area between your bracket and your gum margin
- Your braces are precise appliances that can be damaged by eating hard foods. Some soft and sticky foods can cause tooth decay and loosen or dislodge your braces.
- Avoid soda pop and drinks that contain sugar. Use common sense when choosing food to put in your mouth and avoid chewing on hard objects such as pens and pencils. Whole fruits and vegetable such as apples and carrots should be cooked or cut into small pieces and eaten carefully.
A New Smile with Invisalign in Lakshmi dental Health Care
Are the gaps in your teeth bothering you?
Does your overcrowded mouth make flossing a struggle?
Do you dread the idea of having metal braces?
At Lakshmi Dental Health Care, we have the solution which is Invisalign invisible braces. Invisalign braces have completely transformed the way we think about and experience dental braces. With Invisalign braces, there’s no worry about metal brackets and wires that are uncomfortable and unattractive. Not only are they as effective and convenient as traditional braces, but you can eat what you want, drink what you want, and brush and floss more thoroughly to keep your dental health in top shape!
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
Your general dentist will start by designing a treatment plan using 3D computer imaging technology.
Next, he/she will fit a personalized set of transparent aligners to your teeth every two weeks for one to two years. These innovative aligners are designed to straighten your teeth very gradually.
Once your treatment is finished, we will provide you with a retainer to prevent your teeth from sliding back to where they were. Eventually, you will only need to wear your retainer at night.
ADVANTAGES OF INVISALIGN:
- Straighten teeth without braces – As it is nearly invisible, you can straighten your teeth without everyone knowing
- Removable: You can brush and floss normally.
- Clear Aligners: Nearly invisible
- Freedom: You are free to eat whatever you desire
- Comfortable: Aligners are tailor made to your teeth, hence they are comfortable with reduced pain and irritation.